The vaping industry is always full of the latest innovations and developments, and now it has a brand new craze – vaping nicotine salts instead of regular nicotine e-juices. Fans of this new style of vaping promise that it offers a greatly improved vaping experience with a similar nicotine rush to that which smokers get from cigarettes, and this makes nicotine salts a great option for anyone who is just transitioning from smoking and who needs a larger dose of nicotine to help with the process.
Although nicotine salts won’t suit everyone, if you’re feeling as if the products available on the market at the moment don’t combat your nicotine cravings effectively, they could be perfect for your needs.
Why Nicotine Salts?
To determine whether nicotine salts are right for you, you need to know how they’re different from regular e-liquids.
E-juices available for purchase today contain “freebase” nicotine. When compared with freebase nicotine, the nicotine salts produces a smoother throat hit and is better absorbed than the freebase nicotine which is found in most of the e-liquids. Nic salts allow users to vape at a higher nicotine strength while enjoying smoother throat hits, and this means vapers can get more nicotine more efficiently for a better kick.
Which Device Can Be Used For Vaping Nicotine Salts?
When vaping nicotine salts, you shouldn’t use a high powered device such as box mods. This is because the nicotine in nicotine salts has a level of around 20-50mg rather than just 3-6mg in a standard e-juice, and therefore if you vape nicotine salts with a high power device you could end up consuming too much nicotine. There are two types of low watt devices available to buy.
- Open system devices – these can be manually refilled
- Closed system devices – these have pods or cartridges as refills
Could I Benefit From Using Nicotine Salts?
If you’re happy with using e-liquids and feel satisfied at the level of nicotine you are getting, there’s no need to change to using nicotine salts, but if any of the following apply to you, you may want to consider making the switch:
- You’re trying to give up smoking
- You’re keen to begin vaping but aren’t sure how to get started because vaping devices seem very complicated
- You’re looking for a vaping experience similar to smoking cigarettes
- You’re looking for a higher level of nicotine strength but without a harsh throat hit
- You’re keen to reduce your vape juice usage
- You don’t want to produce as much vapor when vaping in public
Why Try Nicotine Salts?
Nicotine salts are possibly beneficial for anyone who wants help to give up smoking since they can help curb cravings. Nicotine salts deliver nicotine into the bloodstream more effectively than a standard e-juice, producing a nicotine rush that can curb those cravings more quickly.
Devices which vape nicotine salts are also user-friendly, which is ideal for new vapers who are looking for a simple and intuitive experience. The majority of low wattage vaping devices work by auto-firing, so vapor is only produced during the inhale with no need to adjust settings or change controls – ideal for vaping newbies.
Also, for those who are keen to reduce the amount of e-liquid they’re getting through, nicotine salts could be the perfect alternative since the higher nicotine content means that you need to vape less to achieve the same effect. Also, as a low wattage device produces less vapor, vaping nicotine salts can be a more discreet option for anyone who doesn’t want to be too obvious in public.
You can choose a closed or open system, whichever is most convenient for you. If you opt for a closed system there’s no need to refill e-juices manually and there’s no mess. Closed system devices have a sleek, low profile and fit easily into a bag or pocket for convenient portability.
The Pros & Cons Of Vaping Nicotine Salts
If you haven’t decided yet whether vaping nicotine salts is right for you, here are some pros and cons to help you make a decision:
- Smooth throat hit
- Reduced consumption of e-liquid as less vapor is produced
- Less chance of dehydration
- Longer e-juice shelf-life
- Higher nicotine strength
- Cheaper than smoking tobacco cigarettes
- User-friendly vaping systems
- Choice of closed systems or open systems with simple designs
- Low maintenance
- Convenient to carry as they are small and compact enough to pop into a pocket without needing to carry an e-liquid bottle around.
- Buying a closed vaping system may be more expensive
- Not all pods and cartridges are universal
- A closed system only offers a limited range of flavors which restricts your options
- Not suitable for use in sub-ohm vaping or with high wattage devices
- Not all manufacturers of nicotine salts offer a choice of nicotine strengths
- Not suitable for cloud chasers
- There may be less flavor produced when compared to the flavor you can enjoy from a high wattage device
- Some vapers may still find the throat hit too harsh for their tastes if they use a higher nicotine strength salt. Some experimentation may be necessary with different nicotine strengths to obtain an enjoyable throat hit
- The battery life of low wattage vaping devices that are suitable for use with nicotine salts may be lower than that of a high power device
- The nicotine content may be too high for some users who prefer a lower nicotine strength from their vape
Whether you are someone who is brand new to vaping and who is trying to quit tobacco for good, or an existing vaper who isn’t getting enough satisfaction from their vape, you might want to consider trying out nicotine salts. Affordable, convenient and user friendly, the low wattage devices which are suited to nicotine salts vaping are ideal for beginners and are highly portable making them a good choice for vaping on the go. While nicotine salts aren’t the answer for every vaper, for those who want an extra hit from their vape, they could be the perfect solution.
Recommended Closed Systems with Nicotine Salts: